Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Big Girls Don't Cry

I'm not a laid-back easy-going person so I woke up this morning knowing that my stress levels are only going to increase until my show is down, and we're back from our trip to visit my In-Laws. After I worked out, I texted my husband to tell him I was stopping by Home Depot to pick up a new tarp for the wood pile, and pies from Salinger's Bakery. I was suppose to get them tomorrow but heeding all the storm warnings, I called them and asked for an earlier pick up. When I got there, the pies were literally flying off the shelves. They make dang good pies. Then my hubs texted me to ask if I knew why there was no hot water this morning. No clue.

I get home and trot around back to the basement, figuring the boiler needs servicing. I'll say. As soon as I figure out where all the water is coming from. There's a foot of water in the basement that appears to be leaking out of the sump pump. What!? I bump it as I'm trying to adjust it and the whole thing breaks apart like a possessed fire hose. Just great. What now? I almost feel like crying. Almost. I call my husband but all I get is his voice mail. Figures.

Then I call my neighbor up the road who's a builder. There's a chance he's around, or he could be in NJ or CT. I'm so lucky because he actually answers his cell. He's at the local Kmart and can be by in a few. He's in the midst of putting up a roof so he can't linger but he tells me it looks like the sump pump check valve failed. I live on a big steep hill but in a pocket that's surrounded by ground water, hence the swamp behind my yard. He retrieves a small oil pump from his house and we hook it up to trickle water out of the basement. This is going to take a long time. Meanwhile, I can't turn the oil burner on, so no hot water or heat either. Just great. Suppose to be a snow storm tomorrow dumping 12 inches on us. And we're suppose to drive to my brother's in NJ on Thanksgiving. I'm bringing pies.

Knowing that school will most likely be cancelled and I'm not getting to the gym for a few days (although I'll probably be shoveling a lot) means that I decide to do a Back Workout with some cardio variants. Today I do Interval programs so my mileage is considerably less, but it's still a good workout. It's my standard Back Workout, with alternating DB bicep curls tossed in at the end. Not much stretching today, but a few sets for the much neglected abs.

Tuesday Workout
Calorie :   285 CAL
Distance: 2.54 mile
Duration : 00:30:18
232.5
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 155x15
Set 4 : 155x15
Set 5 : 155x15
Set 6 : 135x20
77
Set 1 : 55x12
Set 2 : 55x12
Set 3 : 55x12

91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
315
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 210x15
Set 3 : 210x15
Calorie :   195 CAL
Distance: 1.73 mile
Duration : 00:20:15
28.67
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x13
50
Crunches : 50 Lap/Rep
PulseUps : 50 Lap/Rep
Bicycles : 50 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...