Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday Means Leg Day

I'm slowly easing back into my weight routine although I haven't been quite so cautious with the cardio. I just feel so much better when I do 5+ miles. Today I reverted back to 30 min on the LifeFitness and 25 min on the Precor, bookending Smith machine Squats, SLDLs, Glute Ham Raises and some ab work. And I feel pretty good. Some slight stiffness in the shoulders and upper back but nothing painful. I do have to remember not to schedule my Leg Workout the day after Back Day because my lower back is tired. This doesn't affect my Smith Squats as much as it does my Smith SLDLs. Today I get my full set of Squats, but cut the SLDLs short at just three sets.

If I move Leg Day to the end of the week, my lower back will be better rested and I'm sure I'll be back to a full six sets at decent weight. Doing RG BB Rows is akin to a Dead Lift for the first movement because I'm pulling the bar off the floor. Probably another reason to move back to using the 45 lb plates (yesterday I used the 35s and added 10s and 5s) — the bigger plate sets the bar higher off the ground. I have enormous calves so the only work I do for them is stretch them at the Cage.

In the locker room, I take a few quick selfies in the mirror but they don't really show my legs so I give up and catch a bicep shot. I'm actually surprised at how well they've held up considering I haven't done a curl all summer, biceps only being worked when I do rows and chin ups. Again I'm surprised when the scale reads 109.4 lbs. This Halloween Candy Diet seems to agree with me. Later I go to the store to see if there's anything cute that I can wear to my photo show reception this Sunday. I'm half tempted to go in my jeans and T-shirt (which is how I tend to dress most of the time). But it's kind of a special occasion so maybe I'll dress up. Except it's going to be 45°F. I find a cute velvet dress that seems to look great with my cowboy boots. And it's only $17. Good thing it was Leg Day today.

Leg Day Workout

Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 3.61 mile
Duration : 00:30:09
210
Set 1 : 30x20
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 150x12
168
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12

91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25

12
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Calorie :   229 CAL
Distance: 2.07 mile
Duration : 00:25:20
25
Set 1 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 25 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...