Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fresh Thoughts

I'm not only still sick, but my cough seems worse. Not that I'm going to let that stop me from going to the gym. I feel fine, except for when I'm bent over trying to expel this nasty, wet, alien, sea creature from my lungs. My cardio is probably suffering due to it. I feel as if there's a persistent tickle in my throat but breathing isn't impeded in any way. 45 minutes gets me a paltry 5.01 miles.

V ambushes me at the Seated Cable Rows and I wave at him and then completely ignore him. Honestly, some people only come to the gym to chat, making a half-ass show of working out in order to justify their physical presence there. Later, V ambushes me as I'm leaving the gym, telling me that he's getting a new smart phone so "we'll be able to talk on the phone!" Aaarg! I don't want to talk to him in person. What makes him think I'd want to chat with him on the phone?

I try not to be rude, but I tell him that I don't understand why he just doesn't leave a message on the answering machine like everyone else. I think he thinks we're buddies or something. Just because we're neighbors. Good grief. I don't chat on the phone much if at all. There are too many other things to do. For instance, I spent 3 hours yesterday cajoling my son into doing his spelling homework, 15 minutes of reading, and then Chinese school homework. It wouldn't've taken 3 hours if he hadn't belly-ached about doing homework for an hour and a half. 

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 5.01 miles
Seated Cable Rows: 12 @ 90 / 12 @ 105 / 3 x 6 @ 120 / 12 @ 90 lbs
Lower Back Extensions: 25 @ 90 / 25 @ 97.5 lbs
Cage stretch & kicks & 12 close grip chin ups w knees curled to chest
Lat Pull Downs: 12 @ 90 / 5 x 12-10 @ 105 lbs
Bent Over Reverse Grip Barbell Rows: 5 x 12 @ 60 lbs
Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 12 @ 15 /  3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Ab Curl Station: 2 x 50 upper / 2 x 50 lower
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls: 3 x 20 @ 30 lbs
Mat stretch with 12 alternating knee to chin ab curl ups

B complains that her forearms are killing her and although she's done back, she's skipping biceps today. We discuss the merits of doing tricep/bicep supersets. I like them but can't figure out what day I'd actually do them because I work everything else twice weekly, except for legs. She tells me that I should only work one body part a week, but I like the results I've gotten, and I don't want to mess with success. Not yet, at least.

The scale reads 107.8 lbs and that's okay. At least it's not still over 109 lbs! Unfortunately, I think my body's adapted to the 45 min cardio routine so all I can do is increase it. Luckily tomorrow's Leg Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...