Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Sweaty Leg Day

I just got turned on to this great version of the National Anthem. I can't believe how good it is, mainly because it's not the stodgy old "classic" version, but a modernized song with updated instrumentation. Sort of like FunTwo's update of that wedding classic Pachelbel's Canon. If you've never heard that, well, click on this link. I love it. I think FunTwo also does Vivaldi's Four Seasons in electric guitar. It's just so cool. But back to the National Anthem, by Madison Rising. Click here for the link.

The sun is out now but it was pouring this morning. And I had errands to do before I got to the gym, so I donned a pair of yoga pants over my shorts. They're over-priced fancy yoga pants that look nice although a tad too big. But my bone with them is the bloody seam down the back which makes sit ups, etc damn near impossible. Anyway, I did get to the gym and stripped down to my UnderArmour shorts, GapFit tank and Avia Sports Bra. The gentle hill kicked my butt and the intervals had me panting at the end. But I got 8.3 miles in total, and thoroughly drenched my hoodie.

Today's Total Workout:
35 min hill = 4.07 miles + 35 min intervals = 4.23 miles = Total 8.30 miles
Smith Squats: 12 @ bar / 12 @ 95 / 4 x 12 @ 115 lbs
Smith Deadlifts: 5 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Leg Extensions: 4 x 12 @ 45 lbs
Seated Leg Curls: 12 @ 75 / 3 x 12 @ 90 lbs
Ab Crunch Station: 2 x 50 (feet placed high, and on floor)
Mat Stretch

The scale reads a pleasant 106.2 which surprises me considering my hair is still sweaty wet. The home scale this morning read 105.4 so I guess if you drop over 2 lbs in a day, that's definite proof of water retention. I'm relieved. I'd rather be temporarily bloated than fat. Fat's harder to get rid of, after all. I'm off to meet my son at the school bus stop. It's the first day of school and I'm sure he's busting to tell me all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...