Monday, February 26, 2024

Not Quite

Last night's hot cheeks
I had a reaction to the B3 tablet I took last night; it wasn't horrible but it was definitely unpleasant: tingling in my limbs, my face feeling swollen and flushed. While my cheeks definitely pinked up, they didn't look much different from the red-face I sport after a vigorous cardio session. The tingling upper arms and thighs were very weird and dissipated after roughly 70 minutes. Whew.

It's unfortunate that the caplet doesn't have a score line to break the pill in half because I would test out (on myself) whether 250 mg has an effect. 500 mg, even though it's supposed to be "time-released," definitely affects me. My husband offered to purchase 50mg tablets but I'm not entirely sold on B3 as being helpful for my glaucoma, cholesterol, blood pressure.

I should've paid more attention to attaching the ear hooks to my AirPods. The right one fit fine, but there were constant issues with the left one popping out from behind my ear. Which meant I was distracted during cardio and my mileage wasn't as good as I had hoped. I also should have made sure the FitBit watch was properly seated against the wrist skin. And I only question it because after I turn the Bluetooth back on in my phone to upload the FitBit data, it didn't seem to register my HR during cardio, telling me that my peak rate was 105. Uh, that's not right. But later in the day, the numbers update to something that seems more likely. I'm not sure what to make of that discrepancy, and no, I'm not upgrading to the premium software that wants a monthly subscription.

Pull-ups feel good for the first dozen, then harder for the next half dozen. I spaced and lost count so it was either 18 or 19. Either one is good. As I walk to the Aerobics Room, I note a lot of new faces in the free weight area. And I might be sauntering a bit. Cuz it's still rare to see anyone doing pull-ups on a regular basis, much less a short, middle-aged woman. (Not calling myself an old lady just yet.) Core was routine, Walking Lunges suck, and Wall Squats are torture, but it's all good.

26 February 2024 11:40-12:51
Sunny Monday testing earbud hooks / left ear annoyance

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5793)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr: NA 153, 187-77
Fitbit: 56-162

HGPU 18? 19? Lost count

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 38 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...