Friday, February 9, 2024

Wake Up Tired

I appear to have had enough sleep but I still woke up so tired I didn't want to get out of bed. It's the aftermath of having an awesome cardio session and pushing a good amount of weight. I don't have a lot of hope for today, especially since my body was achy and sore. The right calf oddly numb and painful simultaneously, which sounds oxymoronic, but it's the best way to describe the sensation. Dogs go to the park and I trudge up and down through downed branches, shattered trunks, oodles of wood chips, dirt, rocks, sticks. It makes the pain dissipate. Walking and standing, good. Sitting, not so good.

I dig deeper into the FitBit online manual and discover that the resting HR is different from the sleeping HR. No wonder the chart has me confused. I wonder if I should be trying to go to bed earlier but I'm a night owl and nothing is going to change that after 60 odd years...


The parking lot is crowded: it's Friday and this is Super Bowl weekend so I assume some folks are being proactive in anticipation for Sunday's feasting. It's also Lunar New Year of the Dragon tomorrow and I get a last minute invitation to my brother's house for a grand dinner party involving his wife's extended family from Hong Kong. My husband had planned to accompany our old Scout troop to Camp Alpine in NJ, but canceled in favor of the Lunar New Year's Feast. Especially since it's The Year of the Dragon, a particularly lucky and auspicious sign.

Cardio isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I'm surprised I managed to make it to 2.9. I'm also surprised that I managed to pull off those pull-ups, although I always have trouble with the last few. But I'm counting them. Then off to the Aerobics Room where one of my AirPods pops out of my ear and lands on the floor. Ugh. I give it a quick wipe with the disinfectant cloth I use to "dust" the yoga mat with. Good enough. 

There are other folks in the room, doing noisy movements with big BB plates, stacked yoga steps and BBs. I wish I could drown them out but the AirPods are already at the max setting. I miss the wired earbuds I used with my iPod nano until something went rogue. Those earbuds still work though, but only connect to the iPhone now. Once I figure out what 3rd party app I need to transfer my workout music to my phone, I'll be so much happier 'cuz I am not subscribing to Apple Music ($11/mos) just to listen to music I already bought and own. Meanwhile, Happy Lunar New Year!

9 February 2024 11:31-12:50
Exhausted Friday w/ Sciatica Hints
(Turned off Bluetooth)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5782)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 324
Avg Hr: NA 164, 195?
Fitbit: 56-1
Charts says resting 46??

HGPU 18

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
30 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w twists
Walking lunges 42 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...