Monday, February 12, 2024

It's February so of course it's gonna snow

Winter Storm Lorraine is apparently slated to become a nor'easter by tonight into tomorrow. The dogs will be upset. Since predictions are for up to 18" of the white stuff, school and classes have been canceled and I'll be doing a lot of shoveling. Just in time for a milder Wednesday, Valentine's Day, when what I have scheduled is a routine dental appointment. Today, I got to the gym a lot later than I wanted but there are huge lines everywhere: post office, UPS store, grocery store. Everywhere except the gym. 

Maybe they're all still recovering from watching the Super Bowl. Maybe Lunar New Year of the Dragon got too festive. Probably not. Maybe everyone's stocking up on supplies now because we've gotten complacent about winter snow. I have multiple snow shovels, snow brushes, bags of ice melt, cleats on one pair of boots.

I'm still tired from getting home after midnight on Saturday. Because puppers still needed to be walked. And fed. And then I was awake, probably from the cup of espresso I had before we left my brother's house so we could be alert for the drive home. Which was crowded with a lot of unexpected traffic. I can't ever sleep in when dogs have morning needs that require getting in the car to drive to the park. Except we probably won't go tomorrow, and they'll be upset and not understand why we're just plodding through snow. And they won't understand shoveling. Or salting the walkway, steps and driveway.

So today's cardio is good, but not great. But the pull-ups are better in that I don't start to struggle until the 14th or 15th rep. I remembered to tether my AirPods today as insurance to keep them from popping out of my ears. Which they've done more than once at the gym. What's really annoying is if you touch the wrong part of the earbud, it thinks you want to pause or turn the music off. So adjusting the earbud as it slips out of your ear canal means you have to be very delicate in handling the stalk. It's easier with the tether, but the tether itself sticks to my neck and face until I wrap it over my hair clip. I might tie a knot in it since it doesn't transmit anything: it's just a flexible tether.

Core is routine in the Aerobics Room and Wall Squats are horrible if only because I distract myself with an article about the Super Bowl halftime show (which I watched). I'll probably be shoveling tomorrow. I'm considering how best to drop the pounds I've packed on since the pandemic. There's no greater incentive than seeing alarming candid photos of yourself at a festive gathering. I look thick and stodgy, like a tank. I imagine that's how people on My 600 lb Life feel about themselves. Not a great look for a small woman, but it's in my genetics: women on my mother's side of the family tend to be short and fat.

My brother is just the opposite: tall and wiry, and all the family on his wife's side are also slender. I'm feeling very self conscious. While I'll probably never drop down to under 110 lbs when I looked my best, I can try to get to my pandemic weight (113). Some might scoff that these are mere vanity pounds, but it's so much more than that... at least to me.

12 February 2024 12:00-1:12 pm
Pre-Nor’easter Monday, Post SuperBowl, Post Lunar New Year Dragon
(Turned off Bluetooth )

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5798)
Distance: 2.89
Cal: 324
Avg Hr: NA 166, 184-85
Fitbit: 57-154

HGPU 18 (3 struggle)

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
30 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w twists
Walking lunges 36? steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...