Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Some Earbuds Are Better Than Others...

I was dreading my workout today, especially since I'd forgotten to charge my AirPod Pros and the R6 backup earbuds kind of suck. I still had my wired bluetooth earbuds that no longer pair with my iPod Nano, but it will sync with my phone. So I paired them and remembered how good music can sound when the ambient noise can be properly blocked. Plus, I just think the U8L earbuds transmit better quality music. True, I only have about 2 dozen songs on the phone so eventually I'm listening to the same songs again, but that doesn't matter.

Cardio wasn't great, mostly I believe, because my body hadn't warmed up until 20 minutes into the session. Then suddenly I could pedal a lot faster and I didn't feel so stiff and tired. Yesterday's 25 minutes apparently wasn't enough to carry over into today. But, if I'm theorizing correctly, tomorrow should be better. Of course, I also pushed some weights today so that might be detrimental to tomorrow's cardio. Won't know until I actually do it.

The DB Shoulder routine goes well with just minor concern about the right anterior delt. It's a bit sensitive. Core is very routine, and the Aerobics Room is absolutely freezing with no one else in it. Boot Camp class would've been this morning and I understand it's very popular, but I'm happier doing my own things. I'm tired and Walking Lunges is difficult today. Wall Squats is almost impossible, but I grit my teeth for 90 seconds. So done...

21 February 2024 11:32-1:16
Changeable Wednesday & earbuds won’t pair w/ iPod Nano

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5774)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 324
Avg Hr: NA 153, 192-80
Fitbit: 57-158

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
30 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 38 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...