Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Earbud Power Moves

Newer devices are more powerful and sometimes, no matter what you do, you're stuck with the default setting. The AirPod Pros I've been using with my ancient iPod nano suddenly latched onto the iPhone and whatever tunes stored there. It was while I was checking the FitBit app as it streamed data from the wearable via Bluetooth. 

In the past, the phone would notify me that it was connected to the earbuds but not actually hijack it and immediately start streaming the few songs residing on the phone (default from Apple music purchases years ago). Today, in the middle of cardio, suddenly I'm listening to a Pink song that isn't on the iPod nano playlist. But it is on my phone. Damn it.

Some time this week I'll have to transfer all my songs to my phone. My husband suggests I stream via Spotify but I own my songs, I own the CDs and damn it, I don't want to stream stuff. I want to listen to MY playlists. There's only about two dozen songs on my phone which means by the time I get to the Aerobics Room, the phone is silent because I haven't put it on endless repeat.

While it's mid-week and I expect the gym to be crowded, it's not. Good for me! Again, my cardio isn't what it was. There's the ghost of a sciatic flare-up hovering under my glute and calf. I don't feel quite right and maybe a tad knotty in the shoulders with twinge in the anterior right delt. Good thing I'm not doing DB Shoulders today! Nope, saving that for tomorrow. Today I add a few sets of Seated Cable Rows right after pull-ups. Then a relatively routine Core session, ending with torturous Wall Squats. 

Last time, pulling 77.5 lbs resulted in some lower back discomfort: I stick to 70 and do sets. I know I can pull heavier (ego), but I also know the sciatic nerves have been primed from too much sitting and it's smarter to do reps at a lower weight. If I get bored, I can always drop the weight more and go for 25 reps. Endless variations for fun! 

Well, at least my hypertension is improving. I'm not sure it'll ever return to the normal range of 120/80 and below, but it is markedly lower (and healthier) than it's been for the past year. Yesterday I got a reading of 116/86. Yaaay me.

7 February 2024 11:36-1:08
Cold Sunny Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5734)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 321
Avg Hr: NA 152, 186-80
Fitbit: 56-156

HGPU 18

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 12
70 x 12 reps x 3 sets

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w twists
Walking lunges 41 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...