Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Still Slow But...

Precor elliptical Program 2 is a lot harder than Program 1, mainly because there's two sets of fairly steep peaks that I'm trying to "run" up, or realistically, pedal faster on. At least I make it to 2.8, so I'm hoping to do better tomorrow... like I've said before, cardio gets better as the week goes on even as other exertions start to fail. Pull-ups will most likely suck. 

There is no one in the Aerobics Room and that surprises me. But of course, Spring Break for the school district begins next Monday and some folks are already preparing for this most holy of holidays. Easter Sunday is the only day aside from Christmas that my gym is completely closed. Yes, it's open on Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, but for limited hours, so if you're desperate, you could get your exercise fix on. I've barely seen Lazy Pedals and Tat Armband not at all. Other regulars populate the gym so no area is ever totally deserted.

Since I never know how the week will end, I do the DB Shoulder routine today instead of waiting for Thursday or Friday. It goes well enough that I actually add another set at the end. I'm not confident to do a 4th set with the 20 lb DBs because fingers and hands get a bit numb towards the end. But I can drop back to the 15s and that set goes very well. Maybe I should stick a couple of 1.25 lb magnets to the DBs next time? 

There's an ex-model, mom-of-four in front of the freestanding BB rack. You'd think she'd know better than to stand inches from the rack, blocking access to every bar in front of her. People are stupid. And blindly inconsiderate. Even nice people. The fellow who reminds me of Jerry Orbach is in the Seated Chest Press looking a little lost. B and Tank are constantly chatting while M grunts doing heavy single-rep dead lifts. He's always making noise either moaning or slamming plates, or draped in front of the mirror, sitting on the DBs on the rack like an asshat. These are the people I'm glad I don't have to deal with.

I view myself in the mirror wall doing DB Lateral Raises and all I can think is "Wow, I've got some big arms." Not cut and defined, which would be super impressive but I'd need to drop 10 lbs to see that. But I'm big for a petite flower. And for those of you missed that obscure reference, I'm sad that Judy Tenuta passed away last year.

28 March 2023
Foggy Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5466)
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 309
Avg Hr: 140, 202-82

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3
15 lbs x 25/15/25


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...