Thursday, March 9, 2023

I Hate Daylight Savings Time

I took yesterday off so that I wouldn't be too tired to clean up all the twigs and branches in our front yard. My husband had already gone through it with a chainsaw and removed the bigger branches. Those are neatly stacked next to one of our wood piles. The smaller twigs and branches are just debris, but so much of it that it took four wheelbarrows to get it all out of the yard. And it all had to be picked up by hand because neither pitchfork nor rake would work. That's a lot of bending over for a few hours after I got a load of firewood into the house. It's been chilly at night and with the thermostat at 60F, the wood stove helps raise temps to a more comfortable 65F.

The work was literally backbreaking but only after I had a chance to cool down afterward. Then my left back hip got very stiff and achy. Happily, a good night sleep (not long enough) seemed to put everything right, but cardio was quite challenging this morning. At some point I'll probably mention to my primary physician that the cardio machines register a hugely variable heart rate when I'm exercising. Or I could just get an Apple Watch which has a reliable fitness tracker and heart monitor. But I hate wearing watches, bracelets, rings, necklaces... so maybe not.

I continue with my routine core and stretching, then see that the Stretch Cage is free. Last time, I did my second set after the step machine and it was really hard. Today I do them before the second bout of cardio, and it's much easier. So much so that I probably could've done more than the 21 I counted to. Sometimes I need to forgo limits because the mind can mess with the body's ability to perform subconsciously. My forearms are tired though. And my quads stiffened up later in the day. 

There's another storm in the forecast for tomorrow night into Saturday. And another one scheduled for Monday into Tuesday... Yep, it's still Winter. And I'm not happy about the start of Daylight Savings. I was just getting used to driving during a sun glare morning, and now we'll be getting up in the dark again, and having to re-accommodate ourselves to anther sun glare drive in a few weeks. Why?! I had plenty of daylight yesterday to do yard work! Daylight Savings time is absolute torture for everyone. Monday will see a higher rate of auto accidents and heart incidents. Just wait... 

9 March 2023
Crisp Thursday After Yard Work

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5610)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 142, 192-74

HGPU 21

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 21

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 543
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 124

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...