Monday, March 6, 2023

Twins for a Week

Today my brother and I are the same age and will be until my birthday next week. Then I'll be old, or at least old enough to collect Social Security, but not at full strength. I can wait. I just wish the government would stop moving the damn finish line.

There's frost on the windshield so it's nippy in the morning, but temps rise up into the 40s, which is really good on a sunny, windless March day. (The dog park will be very pleasant.) I'm tired, of course but I pedal away on the elliptical, do my requisite pull-ups, then core etc. in the Aerobics Room. I have a lot of errands to run today so no dawdling. Ten minutes on the step machine and then another go at pull-ups. Oddly, the step machine hangs at 55 steps per minute at Level 6 so no need to toggle between Level 6 and 7 today.

The second round of pull-ups are less successful, probably because I'm distracted. The Stretch Cage is unusually close to another machine and there's a guy standing right up against my station. Granted his back is to me, but part of me can't help but worry about him knocking against the cage. I wait a few minutes but he's probably staring at his phone. Ugh. I can't wait but I'm not entirely focused the way I should be. He's still there when I finish my set and walk away to the locker room.

6 March 2023
Brisk Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5530)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 138, 186

HGPU 20.5

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6-7 (52-62)
Steps 541
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 132

HGPU 18 (so much harder)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...