Thursday, March 30, 2023

Unexpected Chill

The month of March keeps flipping between Jekyll and Hyde, the lamb and the lion. Yesterday was a moderate Spring day in the 50s. Today saw pre-dawn frost on the windshield and a wind chill factor that dropped the thermometer reading from 34F down to the teens. Saturday should hit 60, but with rain. Ah, April Fool's!

I skipped the gym yesterday and tried to track down a venue for my son's Eagle Court of Honor. Since the pandemic, it's been hard to find meeting spaces to host events that aren't outrageously expensive. It's not like we're hosting a prom or banquet. But the Eagle Court of Honor will be more of a big deal than, let's say, a HS graduation party. Because seriously, shouldn't everyone be graduating HS? Of course, my town is a sports-crazy town so maybe a lot of kids have already peaked? Cue Springsteen... 



My son also discovered that he's waitlisted at the last school on his list, and that they will let him know by mid-June whether they have room for him. Meanwhile, all his other schools (where he's been accepted) have deadlines of May 1 for deposits to hold a place for the incoming freshman class. Now he wants to visit the one school we skipped last summer to decide between that one and one slightly closer and slightly smaller. The latter school would be my choice, but one of his friends has accepted a spot at the former and having friends at school is a huge draw. While being waitlisted is disappointing, it's good to learn how to deal with things when they don't go to plan. 

My plan today is to do cardio, core and pull-ups. And that's just what I do. I'm hindered a bit on cardio because my inner left knee hurts when I step. But it's better when I pedal backwards. Eventually the discomfort fades for no reason at all. My body is like that, with arbitrary aches and pains that mysteriously appear and disappear. I got a little paranoid and for a moment I thought it was because I'd turned 63. But then I reassured myself that I've been having sporadic inexplicable pains, aches, burning feelings, etc all my life and it's rare that any of this persists for more than a few hours. 

Tomorrow I'm planning to do cardio, core and the DB Shoulder routine. But maybe I'll switch up the cardio and do Intervals on the elliptical. Because I can't even remember the last time I did that.

30 March 2023
Brisk Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5552)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 131, 194-73

HGPU 22

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Steps 526
Floors 32
Cal 77
Hr 136

HGPU 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...