Monday, March 27, 2023

Slow and Easy

It wasn't so much getting up and into the car where I felt slow and stodgy. It was pedaling the elliptical and not being able to get close to 2.8 miles. Okay, 2.75 isn't horrible but I've done better. Of course, my HR doesn't usually dip down to 72 either, if that can be believed. I was nervous about pull-ups because of how sluggish cardio was but they were fine. But it's this weird weather, chilly and yet not chilly enough, so I'm warm enough to feel itchy but not sweaty. 

Core feels very routine and the Aerobics Room is cold enough that I put my hoodie back on for push-ups. Back in the main gym, I worry again about the second set of pull-ups. I look up and a regular I haven't seen in a year is on the treadmill. He bears a passing resemblance to the late Jerry Orbach (Law & Order's Det. Lenny Briscoe). Today I do the second set slow and with some thought. Usually, I hate to admit, I'm just trying to knock out as many as I can before my hands and fingers go numb and my arms give out from fatigue. 

Today is different. I'm not rushing. I'm slow and deliberate. And it seems to work because I get my reps. Then off to the step machine where I get pretty breathless pretty quickly. At least I got it all done...


27 March 2023
Painfully Slow Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5322)
Distance: 2.75
Cal: 301
Avg Hr: 144, 175-72

HGPU 22

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 22

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Steps 538
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 135
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...