Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Just Doin' It

When temps peak in the high 50s, I don't expect to have to defrost the windshield right before dawn. But I do, and we almost missed the school bus because my son and I are both so tired. I'd like to blame the shift to Daylight Savings Time even though that transition was over a week ago. It seems as if night can't come soon enough. I don't need daylight in the evening when it's too cold and I'm too tired to do anything. I want daylight in the morning when I'm driving to the gym!

Cardio is a tad better today and I can skip pull-ups. Core is routine. I'm undecided when I enter the free weight zone but quickly toss my hoodie onto one of the two Inclined Breaker Benches in the DB area. B, M and Tank are literally draped over the other bench chatting loudly. I turn up the volume on my tunes. It's going to be a shoulder day after all. If I can get two shoulder routines done in a week, interspersed with pull-ups on alternate days, I figure I've got all my bases covered for a decent full-body workout. 

The DB shoulder routine feels good. Maybe better since it's the beginning of the week. I usually leave it until Thursday or Friday. Cardio gets progressively better later in the week but other exercises usually suffer from the opposite... Pull-ups seem harder. Maybe it's that perpetual sleep deprivation, or just a lack of recovery. Age might be playing a factor here.

We have kung fu weapons class later this afternoon and then our long-delayed Court of Honor, postponed since the third week of February. My son will finally get his Eagle rank patch although yesterday I found out that I will have to trek to the Scout shop to get the neckerchief. Ugh. 

This isn't an Eagle Court of Honor though. I'm not sure if we're actually going to hold one, although we would like to just so we can invite my son's teachers and mentors. There is talk of a "group" one with several Eagles, which would probably be easier budget-wise. We'd just need to figure out where and when... the pandemic has made everyone less inclined to gather in celebration. We've had Eagles leave the Troop without any ceremony and that's sad.

21 March 2023
Frosty Morning Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5558)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: 138, 181-78

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...