Friday, March 3, 2023

What's That Smell?

I got to the gym parking lot and there was a firetruck with flashing lights out front. The restaurant next door had its doors wide open. When the ladder truck leaves, I walk into the gym and immediately notice a strong odor of propane. The front desk confirms that it was a leak from the adjacent kitchen but everything is cleared for use. Well, alrighty...

I'm tired and feel very sluggish so cardio is quite the effort. At least I made it past 2.8 today. And I got my two sets of pull-ups in before and after core. I toyed briefly with the idea of doing another DB shoulder routine but two things make me reconsider: a twinge in my elbow/shoulder and the fact that I need to buy some groceries before taking the pups to the park. The sun is out and temps are very moderate, especially for March in the northeast. There's a storm in the forecast for tonight into tomorrow and no one can tell us if we're getting rain, sleet, snow, or all of the above.

I use the step machine for 10 minutes, knowing that set at speed 6, the machine hovers mostly at 52. To compensate for that, I push the machine to speed 7 and it revs up to 62 and sometimes 64 (steps per minute). I keep it there for 5 minutes then drop back to speed 6 for the remainder 5 minutes. I try to sing along with my tunes (no one can hear me anyway) but I'm moving fairly quickly. It's all good.

3 March 2023
Propane Odor Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5566)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 137, 194-85

HGPU 20

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6-7 (52-62)
Steps 574
Floors 35
Cal 83
Hr 127

HGPU 20 (so much harder)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...