Friday, March 17, 2023

Not a Lick of Green

Today I'm on elliptical #2 just to be polite as there's a guy on the rower directly adjacent to machine #1. Besides, I haven't been on #2 in several weeks. It's St. Patrick's Day and the radio and TV are all abuzz with commuting reroutes because of the infamous parade that closes off streets and makes sidewalks impassable with green sparkly tourists and denizens alike. 

I remember trying to cross avenues to get to work, only to be stopped by mobs of revelers spilling green foamy beer everywhere. Now drinking isn't allowed on the trains or the sidewalks and people might be more civil. But I don't know since crowds and parades have never been my thing. My son's appointment to get his passport renewed at the Post Office got cancelled this morning because the one person in charge of that function isn't available today. Then why allow the appointment? I'm thinking he called in sick to go to the parade in the City.

No one at the gym is wearing green. I'm wearing my typical gym clothes: black pants, black tank, blue hoodie. Later I'll be wearing a tigger-striped orange hoodie (a hand-me-down from my son) with an orange fleece pullover underneath and a green, long sleeve T under that. My favorite hoodie, blue with a stars-and-galaxy print, is in the wash because I wear it all the time. Maybe I should've bought two...

After doing core, I head into the DB area where there are only a few regulars. I knock out my sets, feel pretty good and have time to see if the local RiteAid carries mousetraps. I set a few last night but they weren't in the right places as I could hear gnawing right before dawn. I need to buy a few more. (And I'm steadfastly against the cruelty of glue traps, unless I can set them free in a field far from my house with a good dousing of mineral oil.) For the past two nights, I've been awakened by weird noises and I'm thinking "Good grief! How freaking big is this damn mouse that's moving furniture in the middle of the night?" It's probably a pack rat and I've seen that while most are small like field mice, a few have approached large hamster size. Ugh.

Meanwhile, the Flutter Flyers have finally arrived and I need to pack them in a card for my friend who's birthday is Sunday. She's invited us and family to celebrate her 80th at a local restaurant. I actually got her chocolate. The Flutter Flyers are for her cats... And proceeds are supposed to help monarch butterflies.

17 March 2023
St Pat Friday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5576)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 155, 186-79

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...