Friday, January 13, 2023

That Kind of Week

It never fails: a once-in-a-lifetime event and skies are too overcast, nah, downright pouring to see anything. So, we miss the rare green comet that comes round every 50,000 years or so. Figures. It's been that kind of week. It is, after all, Friday the 13th and skies are still gray although temps have risen to an unseasonable 54F. Of course, my car's in the shop and I have no way to bring pups to the park once the sun peeks through.

I did get to the gym yesterday although I missed Wednesday because I had brought my car to a local shop, and they said there's nothing wrong with your car. Bring it to the dealership because they'll have to take it apart to find out what's wrong with it. So I'm at that repair shop the next town over and now they're much more stringent about the no dogs in a loaner car rule. So no loaner car. After 1.5 hours, they tell me there's nothing wrong with the transmission or the shifter or the transmission chain. I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined this whole car shifter thing. But I know I didn't. 

However, the faint high-pitched whine I sporadically heard coming from the rear is due to the muffler rotting out. Figures. They can replace that, and by-the-way, you're probably due for an oil change. Well, the car is barely past the 3k mark but that oil change  happened back in July of last year. So, yeah. It's due. This is going to be expensive. But cheaper than buying a new car. Or even a new used car (good luck finding one). The shop gave me a ride home but I have no car and the dogs are confused. I did take them for a walk but once we got to the driveway, they were perplexed. Where's the car?

I didn't sleep well last night. It might've been because it's the first night I didn't take any ibuprofen or gabapentin before bed. Or it might've been the Mandarin Orange tea I drank while waiting during my son's Eagle Board of Review (Yaay, he's an Eagle Scout now). However, I specifically chose an herbal tea that was caffeine-free so I wouldn't be up all night! It must be the gabapentin, or rather the lack thereof. After laying in bed for an hour, I took a 3 mg melatonin pill. I don't feel as if it helped: I did fall asleep although I don't feel at all rested. I'm a little sore this morning--nothing horrible. I'm not able to get to the gym today to loosen up. And there's a cord of fresh firewood tarped in the driveway that needs stacking this weekend, once it stops raining!

I wish I could nap but taking a "coffee nap" has never worked for me, although it apparently can be very refreshing. If you can actually fall asleep after imbibing. Which I can never do. And 15 minutes isn't a nap in my book; it's a painful tease. Which means I'm sleep-deprived and need more than a nap... 

12 January 2023
No Green Comet Thursday

Precor elliptical #3
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5730)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 143, 203-83

Skip HGPU 23
(geezer in stretch cage)


Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Gentle Hip Bridge/Thrusts
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...