Monday, January 23, 2023

First Snowfall of the Year

One of the dogs was acting weird this morning. He sat by the window by the stairs on the second floor and cried. He did it last night as well after my son had already walked him in the rain. The other pup had no issues and isn't vocal at all in the house. I got my son to the school bus in time and then had to turn around to retrieve the pups for a quick morning walk before going to the gym. They seemed fine when I left the house. I come back less than three hours later (from the gym) and again one dog is wailing by the second floor window. He actually won't come down until I put a leash on him and drag him out. 

I take both of them to the park but because I've been rushed out the door, I neglected to put dog treats in my pockets. Oh well. They run about like lunatics and eventually stop as if to ask if anyone else is coming. Uh, nope. We only stay for 30 minutes and the light rain has become snow that's not supposed to stick. Except that it does. On the grass, shrubs, trees, in my driveway, on my walkway... Temps hover at 31F and big fat snowflakes flurry through the air. I'm glad that yesterday I refilled the feeders with suet and sunflower seeds, and brought in a half load of firewood. 

Yesterday we celebrated the Lunar New Year by going out for gyoza and tonkatsu ramen at a local eatery and then streaming Puss And Boots 2. As long as we have dumplings and long noodles, the New Year is blessed. (Dumplings symbolize wealth because they resemble coin purses, and long noodles signify a long life.) My son wanted to see the animated flick because all his friends already have. It was very entertaining with a hodge-podge medley of references to assorted fairy tale characters. While it's playing at the local cinema, it's cheaper to pay for early streaming (and pause whenever we need to) rather than drive to the next town, find parking, pay for overpriced snacks & beverages, and then deal with unruly other theater patrons and their kids. Seriously. 


 

So, I'm at the gym a half hour later than normal. But I can still access the elliptical, do some pull-ups, and then core and stretches in the Aerobics Room before the 9:30 class starts. There are mostly regulars scattered throughout. My foot/toe still hurts but it somehow feels worse when I wrap it so really I just need to remember not to put weight on that side of my foot.

23 January 2023
Wintry Mix Monday & a Late Start

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5718)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 321
Avg Hr: 155, 198-94

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...