Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Little Things Make A Good Day

There was a bit of snow on the car but generally, the day was sunny and cold. I got to the gym and did my standard routine. But instead of doing DB Shoulders today, because I didn't have the time, I did three light sets of Skull Crushers. It's true that the human brain can't really focus on more than one painful area at a time. So, my pinky toe is still swollen and bothered, but my sciatica hasn't bothered me in a few days. Because I'm only wielding 30 lbs, I increase each set by 5 reps. My last set is 25 reps. Yeah, I can do 32.5 lbs next time. But I'll hold off on the Rip Skulls until I'm braver.

I'm tired, as usual, and because I told my son we could have spicy Jamaican Beef Patties before we went to kung fun and then Scouts, I had to do a bit of grocery shopping before taking pups to the park. Once home, I started fiddling with the fluorescent light tubes, trying to figure out what sort of ballast I needed to buy at the Home Depot. I had replaced these two bulbs some years ago and the lights flickered but never came on fully. Since the fixture was 30 years old, replacing the ballasts made sense. 

I got one bulb out but not it's brother. After 10 minutes of fidgeting while perched on a stool over the kitchen sink, I gave up and put the bulb back in. And just for fun, I flicked the light switch. And wondrously, there was light! Wow. I'm not sure why it didn't work when I originally replaced the tubes, but I'm damn happy the lights work now!

There's a new storm headed our way by tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if I'll get to the gym or not. My son's birthday is Thursday and I'm planning to buy a good dozen mini cupcakes for his kung fu class, and maybe a special little solo cake just for him.

24 January 2023
Fatigue Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5586)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 150, 198-77

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers (ease back in)
30 lbs x 15, 20, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...