Friday, January 6, 2023

Cold and Wet Friday

The day started off cold and rainy. The gym was crowded. Lazy Pedals and his buddy were on elliptical 1 and 2. I got on the Life Fitness cross-trainer and cut my cardio time to 25 minutes on a manual program at level 1. The machine allows me to use my arms or not and I choose to only pedal for the first 3 minutes and the last 2. Both my feet are needles and pins numb, not just my toes. It's very disconcerting because it doesn't dissipate until I lay down in the Aerobics Room.

The room is empty and have to motivate myself to finish in a timely manner. I waffle between the step machine or free weights. As I promised myself earlier in the week, I did another round of DB shoulders. It's a bit harder just two days later. But typical of my body, I'm better as I warm up. I toy with the idea of doing a 4th set in spite of shaky arms during the 3rd set of Inclined Presses, but I have pups waiting at home for me. 

Rain or shine, dogs want time at the park to run about, sniff trees and dirt, and most importantly, poop far from the house. This breed of dog (yes, they're mixes but mostly Jindo) is notorious for hygienic catlike behaviors. There's no one at the park because rain makes a muddy, slippery mess of the grounds. Even though temps are in the mid 40s, I'm glad I'm layered in fleece and have a winter parka on: I'm still damp from the gym and there's not a lot to do at the park other than yell "don't eat that!"

One pup is 47% Jindo and 30% Pungsan (another Korean breed) which explains why he prefers to be outside most of the time, giving little heed to rain, snow or sleet. Of course, the minute amounts of Shih Tzu, Pomeranian, and Chihuahua explain the contradictory skittish attitude. The other pup is 63% Jindo and 19% Brittany Spaniel, which might explain his love of wet, and his much more personable nature. The 5% Akita and 4% Siberian Husky make him both vocal and guarding, with a smattering of other breeds. Everyone seems to have a touch of Chihuahua as well. Weird, right?

6 January 2023
Dreary Friday

LF X-trainer #1
Program Manual L1
Time: 20+5
Distance: 2.41
Cal: 195
Avg Hr: 185-112

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Gentle Hip Bridge/Thrusts
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...