Friday, January 20, 2023

Bruised Not Broken

I had x-rays done yesterday and confirmed that the little toe is merely bruised, not broken. Whew! The doc recommended splinting the toe with the self-sticking gauze, but it's hard to hold four toes wrapped together like that when they aren't all the same size. He uses a bit of tape to hold everything together and my foot feels pretty good for the rest of the day. By bedtime though, I need to pull it all off. My foot needs to stretch and breathe at night.

It's impossible to re-wrap the toes in the morning. I do try with just sticky gauze but a few minutes on the elliptical and I have to stop to remove it because it's sliding under my foot inside my sock. I do my workout without any wrapping and the foot is okay, but does ache when I walk or step up or down. My pull-ups are back to normal though so that's a relief. Everything else feels normal too, except for push-ups because I briefly forget to put all my weight on my big toe instead of across all the toes. 

I even get through my DB Shoulder routine without any issues except for an occasional twinge when I flex my foot too much. Once I get home, I find a new roll of self-sticking gauze and wrap four of my toes and then secure it by wrapping the entire foot. It's not quite as comfortable as when the doc did it, but it's better support for the bruised digit.

I was told at the doc's that I was the third patient they'd seen this month with a wood stacking injury. Another woman had the same issue with a log bouncing out of the bin and onto her foot. She broke her index toe. A fellow had a cord of wood drop and he broke his foot. I feel very lucky indeed.

20 January 2023
Tape Splint Fail Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5502)
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 310
Avg Hr: 133, 184-83

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridge/Thrusts
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...