Friday, January 27, 2023

I Guess I Could Do More

Yaay for the end of the week. Tomorrow I can sleep in, or at least until 8 instead of getting up at 6 when it's still dark out. I'm really tired. Every morning I toy with the idea of skipping the gym and going back to sleep, but I find it impossible to nap when the sun is up. I am getting a wee bit bored with my workout though so I'm figuring out what I can change in the routine that I'm not going to regret, i.e., that isn't going to aggravate my lower back and sciatica, that isn't dependent on sensitive joints and won't raise my IOPs. 

These limitations are certainly frustrating, and sadly, I'm still much bigger than I'm comfortable being. Yep, a good 10 lbs of too much! But I'm at a loss as how to drop this excess size other than skipping meals... how much will my cholesterol and blood pressure rise if I don't eat oatmeal and vegetable/tomato juice everyday? Gone are the days when I could subsist on a single meal of protein and salad. Also, I don't think that's particularly healthy. 

Exercising more isn't the answer either since increasing one aspect means detracting from another. More cardio means less time for weights, or an abbreviated core session. Personally, I think I exercise enough. I'm still tempted to add some sort of rows back into my routine, but I'll have to research more to see which form is the safest for someone with sporadic sciatica. The lat-pull down machine can be hard on my elbows if I don't have the right handle and I'm not big on balancing on the seat just to reach that anyway. Yeah, short people problems... Maybe I'll test out Reverse Grip BB Rows on the Smith next week. Or super light Seated Cable Rows...

The gym parking lot is ridiculously crowded this morning but not so much inside. Weird. It's cold though, especially since half the big ceiling fans are rotating briskly. My routine is routine, even the DB Shoulders. I just wish the old disheveled "newbies" would understand that re-racking your weights does not mean dropping your BB into any available slot, but rather, putting it back in the proper slot you got it from. Ugh.

27 January 2023
Frosty Friday"

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5658)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 153, 196-92

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...