Thursday, January 26, 2023

Grown Up Thursday

I skipped the gym yesterday just so I could bring the dogs to the park early and then get errands done before the storm. Storm? The storm that had schools north of us cancel and our district schedule early dismissal. Flurries become snow becomes driving rain. Today, no rain but everything is sodden. 

Today is also my son's birthday and I planned to get some mini-cupcakes for his kung fu class. But in the car this morning, he tells me that he stayed up all night working on a project that's due tomorrow and he's so tired all he wants to do is sleep. As we discuss his project, he realizes that he's not actually done and needs to stay late to finish. I'm glad he's a hard worker but I worry how he'll handle college life...

The gym isn't crowded and the sun is out. I do my routine even though I feel vaguely sore all over. My pinky toe is better but not completely. Glutes are sore but I'm not sure if it's sciatica or not. After cardio and core, I'm mildly tempted to do a light set of seated cable rows but think better of it. My lower back and sciatica has me paranoid. Instead I do Skull Crushers: first a warm up set of 25 reps and then 3 sets at 35 lbs. It feels okay and I still have time to get my son a slice of strawberry shortcake cheesecake for his birthday. Meanwhile, I read something that makes me consider giving up the occasional sangria at dinner. Bummer.

26 January 2023
Birthday Thursday Post Storm

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5604)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 148, 180-76

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers
30 lbs x 25 reps
35 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...