Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Tweens and Teens

I took the pups to the park at 10 this morning so they could see their friends but it didn't go as planned. A dog who doesn't get along with one of mine was still there even though I told her I was on my way and she had agreed to leave when I came. She did leave, but not before mine got all riled up. Still, my bigger dog became very aggressive through the fence with two other pups and I had to keep him on a tight lead until I could drag him off to a separate section of the park (the obstacle course "playground"). Luckily, the dogs chilled after a bit, two of the other pups left and my dogs hung out with a smaller beagle-shepherd mix that they're good friends with. Whew!

Which meant I got to the gym around noon, and on the elliptical at 12:15. Today I did a full session and was thoroughly drenched at the end of it. It's been horribly hot here: I started sweating just walking from my front door to the car about 30 feet away! There's no way I'd ever choose to live in a hotter, more humid place. I'm having trouble with summer temps in the "cool" northeast! I do not appreciate heat waves, and we're having one now. And the bugs still find me delicious, although, surprisingly, I didn't get bit once while on our road trip, nor did I need to use any insect repellent. Nope, not until I got home, and then I got bitten through my clothes, and all over my fingers. Ugh.

Coming in later also meant I could use the Aerobics Room to stretch and do core, as were several other people. But, it also meant that by 1:30, the free weight area was full of teens and tweens, aimlessly flowing from one station to another. It's not like they were all working out either. Instead, one guy would lay on the bench while 3 others spotted him and 6 more draped themselves over the surrounding equipment while chatting and staring at their phones. Ewww.

I opted to do a few minutes on the stair climber instead. I wish the Aerobics Room was colder because after push-ups and air squats, I was still flush-faced and drippy. Outside, my car thermometer read 92F although it was only 88F at the house. Still too hot. Tomorrow I'll hit the gym earlier just so I can actually push a few weights around. The dogs will go to the park later and there won't be anybody to play with. Maybe I'll take one of them to the local dog wash place in town, even though showers are in the forecast... I can't handle taking both of them for baths since I'm pretty sure this new experience will create a lot of stress for me and whichever afflicted pup gets to go first.

20 July 2022
Post Noon Blazing Wednesday

Precor elliptical #3
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5914)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
Avg Hr: 150, 205-91

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
10 one-leg hip thrust each leg
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Matrix StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 530
Floors 33
Cal 77
Hr 146

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...