Thursday, July 7, 2022

Plateau

Yes, I shortened my workout again just so I had time to do some shopping before heading home and taking pups to the park where they had a few minutes of playtime before their friends all left (because they'd arrived at the park much earlier). Got my cardio done, all the core stuff except for those one-leg hip thrusts which are so new that if I'm not actually staring at the list on my phone, I completely forget to do. Yup, forgot them today.

The second set of pull-ups was much harder today. Part of me says it's because I'm fatter. That's true. But part of me says it's because my arms are a little sore from yesterday's tricep workout, and I'm probably not 100% recovered from the pull-ups I did on Tuesday. Also probably true. Tomorrow I'll wrangle in some cardio, core and then, hopefully, do the shoulder DB workout. Because next week I won't have a gym at all to play in since we'll be visiting colleges. Summer road trip! (Let's hope we don't all kill each other by the end of it.) My sciatica isn't thrilled about spending long hours in the car but I'm hoping to be able to do the core and stretches in the hotel room (because none of them have gym spaces anymore due to the pandemic). And we've registered for a bunch of campus tours so we'll be doing a bit of walking. 

On a scarier note, my brother just got back from a family vacation in Hawaii and he promptly came down with Covid. For the third time. No one else in his family is sick, not even his 88-yr old mother-in-law. But my brother, who has a frail system, is on paxlovid and albuterol, at home resting and tells me this time it's really bad because his lungs are bleeding. I'm hoping he recovers soon, but it's likely that his illness might linger for a long time, especially with the new BA.5 variant and news that the current Pfizer booster doesn't work very well against it. However, a new Moderna booster vaccine might offer protection, once it's approved...

7 July 2022
Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4082)
Distance: 2.05
Cal: 230
Avg Hr: 141, 197-84

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Skip 10 one-leg hip thrust each leg
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...