Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Concession Combo Mid-Week

It's nearly 9 before I actually set foot on the elliptical so I cut 10 minutes out of the routine just so I'd have time to do triceps. Less mileage, less calories burned, but still warmed up. There's a BodyPump class in the Aerobics Room at 9:30 which means I don't even bother going to that room. I grab a mat and plant myself in the "functional workout" area. A fellow shows up to dance around the body bag and a familiar woman stands on the other side with a mat at her feet. She's doing her own stretch and DB routine as well.

I have time to do a few sets for Triceps on a breaker bench that backs up to one of the two inclined breaker benches facing the DB area. A silver-haired muscle head struts by. I've seen him before but like everyone else, I pay him no mind. I'm very happy with my tunes and my routine. Of course, he has to choose the inclined bench directly backed up to my bench instead of the next one over, the one that backs up to the decline bench. Of course, he has to grunt and groan and slam his plates onto the bar. What a meathead.

I'm used to avoiding eye contact with people I don't want to interact with. And I don't want to interact with him. There's plenty of other women at the gym for him to preen in front of. He's not as regular as the other folks, but I'm sure that he'll pop up from time to time. Meanwhile, I like to admire some of the younger well-toned bods from afar. Like the fellow whacking the body bag. But you won't catch me trying to catch his eye. It's probably the introvert aspect of my personality. 

Check out this extremely informative video explaining introvert personalities: 


I'm excited that the bug-proof joggers I ordered finally arrived. They are extremely lightweight and fit almost too well. I wonder if I shouldn't have sized up. I definitely feel that way about the jacket I also bought: Ex Officio was having an awesome sale and I've been eyeing bug pants for some time, ever since I got bit right through the thicker knit pants I've been wearing to the dog park. The jacket is definitely snug, mostly because my arms and back are much thicker than the average woman my height and age. Right, and I'm damn proud of that.

6 July 2022
Late Start Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4026)
Distance: 2.04
Cal: 226
Avg Hr: 144, 186-90

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
10 one-leg hip thrust each leg
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
32.5 x 12 x 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...