Friday, July 8, 2022

Finishing the Week Strong

A hundred floors today after 30 minutes of climbing the stair machine. Whew! I skipped a few items on the core/stretch routine because I know that the DB Shoulders will take more time. Last week I cut the last set. Each "set" is actually 3 different sets of 3 different movements. Today I want to do the full routine. It's not very crowded, just a few regulars and a few kids, and no pompous, preening silver-haired dudes strutting about like prize roosters. 

Yesterday, I read an article in the NY Times regarding weight lifting as therapy. Well, duh. I could've told you that! I'm not kidding when I say that pushing weights has kept me sane and dispelled a lot of the stress and angst I've inherited from my childhood. (Yes, I had a generally fucked-up childhood with a lot of family drama and domestic abuse.) Click here to read the article.

There were no other pups at the Bark Park today. My dogs have been extremely happy to run about, maybe because in this hot weather I've allowed them to roam the grounds without their harnesses. I initially got these specifically because they have top handles, making the pups easier to grab in the event there's a scuffle. The harnesses that purport to circumvent leash-pulling behavior don't have handles so I've never invested in them. The dogs eventually walk decently after the initial 10 minutes of frantic sniffing and marking. Once home, they enjoy being hand-fed because they're spoiled and act like pampered toy dogs. It's the only way I can ensure that they actually eat. Left to their own devices, the food sits untouched in their bowls and they lose weight. So unlike any other dog I've ever had! 

Unfortunately, I got bit through my bug jacket today. That's so disappointing! The jacket hasn't been washed more than half a dozen times so the permethrin should still be good. The bug pants work though, as well they should since I just got these a few days ago! But I'm still covered in bites (sneaky bastards) and now carry an assortment of itch creams in my bag. I haven't resorted to taking oral antihistamines yet (I think that loratadine aka generic Claritin is safe for glaucoma patients)...

8 July 2022
Make It Count Friday

Matrix StepMill (R)
Manual 30 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 1603
Floors 100
Cal 235
Hr n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper Body Stretch

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
  10 lbs x 25/15/20 warm up
  15 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 1
  20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...