Monday, December 27, 2021

Post Christmas

New year and new rules. Just got notified that I need to let European readers know if I have added third party cookies to my blog. The notification then asks me to tell them my web address, etc. I canceled the link because "What the?!" I have very few viewers so that's never been a concern. 

When the readership peaked some time ago, I discovered that it was due to viewers on another continent whose "effusive but not quite intelligible" comments had me ban them because these fellows tend to try and sneak spam links into the comments section. Spam selling penis enhancements and hot girls. Uh, no thanks. Basically, I write this blog for myself and maybe a few interested friends...

I haven't been to the gym in 3 days and there was a lot of snacking and holiday gnoshing. So not only have I put on even more weight (ugh) but I'm also feeling out of shape. I slept in a bit so I got to the gym late, and the gym was crowded. I barely made mileage and my pull-ups were appalling. Worst, I could tell that it was the biceps that were failing. Since I stopped doing Seated Cable Rows, I've wondered if I should do more biceps work. I guess the answer is a resounding Yes.

Waking at 7 am isn't going to give me enough time so now I've moved my next wake-up time to 6:30. It still beats getting up at 5:45 when school is in session. That won't happen until after the New Year though. Meanwhile, I've got to get this holiday eating under control. My weight isn't creeping up: it's at a full gallop and there's nothing more unpleasant than having outgrown your workout clothes...

27 December 2021
Monday After & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5432)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 307
HR: 137-176, 130

HGPU 11.5

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...