Monday, December 13, 2021

Side Effects

I've been unusually tired for the past few days, possibly since I got my Covid booster shot last Wednesday. When I stop taking the anti-inflammatory meds, my sciatica flares up. It's a balancing act. I ran out of B12 so I decided to increase the new dosage to 500 mcg from 250. I feel like I'm always tired and then I thought, well, let's see if this helps. It could also be from a shortage of good sleep hours. Over the weekend, I found myself nodding off in front of my laptop, my eyes burning like hot coals. But I rouse myself to lug firewood all afternoon while temps are moderate and I feel fine. I'm not weak or tired. Until I sit down. 

It takes me a long time to get into the gym from the parking lot and I miss my opportunity to do cardio on the ellipticals. The lumbar support worked well in my husband's passenger seat but not so good for me as the driver. It pushes me too far forward so I have to pull the seat back, which while fine for arm extension, puts me in awkward position with the pedals. Ugh.

I'm so tired that I give myself a break and only do 25 minutes on the cross-trainer. Pull-ups are hard afterward. Core and push-ups start to feel better but I never really warmed up. Or at least, warmed up adequately. Just for fun, I get on the stair climber for 10 minutes and then give pull-ups another go. So relieved that I'm able to get a few more the second time around!

13 December 2021
Exhaust Monday

LifeFitness cross trainer
Program Manual
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.56
Cal: 196
HR: 125-135

HGPU 12

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Matrix StepMill
Speed 6
Time 10
Total steps 542
Cal 79
Floors 33
HR 136

HGPU 14.5


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...