Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Better Next Time

It takes me a long time to warm up and yesterday was no exception. By the time I got to the last set of Reverse Inclined Flys (and it was time to leave), I knew I still had more reps in me. The only solution is to swap out the last set for 25s and see how that goes next time.

The sciatica is still causing issues but I'm on 5 days of prednisone to try and get the inflammation down. Of course, that combo with the acetaminophen/ibuprofen isn't doing me any favors when I decide impulsively to get a booster shot at the local CVS. But since I might be going to a holiday cocktail party with people I don't know except for my husband (it's his company's event), I figure that with my sticky AB blood, I'd rather take as many precautions as possible. You can't eat and drink with a mask on and face-to-face conversation will be expected!

Wednesday I'm too tired and my arm is a little sore so I skip the gym. Too much to do anyway. But back on Thursday...

7 December 2021
Chilly Tuesday& Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5558)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
HR: 150-192, 85

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
15 lbs x 15/20 reps x 3
(Last set could’ve gone to 25 reps)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...