Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Tuesday

The left leg sciatica is a persistent nagging presence from when I first awaken, even while lying in bed, or especially when laying in bed. It's there when I brush my teeth, dress, pull on my shoes and socks, and especially annoying when I drive. Something about the contour of the driver's seat, with the rise just under the thigh behind the knee that puts an incredible amount of pressure on the sciatic nerve. At least my toes don't go numb while I'm in transit.

It's 30F and dark when I start the car this morning. Frost on the windshield means I'm wishing I was back in bed. I won't lie: cardio on the elliptical sucked today. Burning thighs, aching lungs, fatigue as if I had been "out of commission" for months instead of a few days. Not that I'd been totally sedentary all weekend either. Of course, I wonder (as I'm struggling to keep up my pace) whether someone at last week's cocktail party infected me with a coronavirus variant. No, I don't have a fever or cough but damn am I tired! It's probably a delayed reaction to the booster...

I'm warm and sweaty after the elliptical but cool down so quickly in the Aerobics Room that I put my hoodie back on as soon as I'm ready for push-ups and air squats. That usually doesn't happen! But the dumbbell area is empty so I'm happy. As I noted last week, once I'm warmed up again, I can knock out 25 reps of Reverse Incline Flys. Twice. Which probably means it's time to increase the DBs just for that exercise. That'd be 15 reps at 15 lbs for Lateral Raises and 20 reps at 20 lbs for the Reverse Flys. I'll still keep the 10 lb warm up set though, just to be safe. If the shoulder joints hold up, I'm good with that.

14 December 2021
Chilly Tuesday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5510)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
HR: 144-205, 85

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
  10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
  15 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1, 15/25 x 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...