Thursday, December 23, 2021

Sore For No Reason

My hips are stiff, my right glute feels like I got kicked and I'm generally sore all over. For no reason that I can think of except that I had a great cardio workout yesterday and I also didn't take any anti-inflammatories. No prednisone. No ibuprofen. No acetaminophen.

I have a less than stellar Intervals cardio workout this morning but I'm warm enough. Today I wore joggers instead of my usual gym pants. I like the fact that joggers don't require me to constantly pull the bottom of my pants out of the back of my sneakers. I have small wide feet with tiny heels and wide shoes are usually wide all over. What I don't like about all the latest pants are the way the big wide waistbands bunch up in front. They are more comfortable than older styles though. But my new joggers (unlike the Kmart brand I bought in the boys department years ago) are all dog fur magnets. Sigh.

Because I did a set of pull-ups yesterday, I don't do any today. But I'm game for a simple tricep workout and that's just what I do. The gym is quieter than I expect with several regulars MIA for the holidays. Even the kids are mostly a No Show. Rip Skulls feel easy today, even with 15 reps for every set. Maybe I should add a 2.5 lb magnetic disc to each side and try it at 35 lbs for reps? I haven't attempted Seated Cable Rows or anything remotely related to back exercises. I'd really like my sciatica to heal up before I inch back to a more inclusive routine.

23 December 2021
Arctic Thursday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program Intervals
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5454)
Distance: 2.92
Cal: 327
HR: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

RipSkulls
  30 lbs x 15, 15, 15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...