Thursday, December 2, 2021

Pick and Choose

The center of my back is tight and tender when pressed upon. I'm out of alignment and it's wreaking havoc on limbs. The right glute still feels like I've been kicked by a horse and the lower left side threatens to spasm if I move the wrong way, like pulling my arms overhead in a pencil stretch. I do okay on the elliptical and nothing hurts while I'm peddling furiously. 

I don't subscribe to the belief that walking and running make sciatica feel better because the body releases endorphins while moving. But I do believe that those motions somehow loosen the stressed areas in my spine. At least I get a lot of steps in.

I skip Dead Bugs today since I did them yesterday. I need some time to do shoulders after the workout in the Aerobics Room. I'm taken aback at how crowded the free weight area is today. The rain brought warmer weather and apparently a new sense of self-consciousness! 

My arms and lats are mildly sore and I'm surprised. The shoulder workout felt okay and of course, I'm already thinking about whether I should increase the Reverse Incline Flys by a pound or two, now that I know where the magnetic disc weights are.

2 December 2021
Rainy Thursday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5646)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
HR: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
 10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
 15 lbs x 15/20 reps x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...