Friday, December 17, 2021

Pushing Through

I finally made it through an entire 5-day week of workouts. Yaay me, but it didn't get any easier. Normally, after two or three straight days my cardio endurance improves. Not this week. I also decided, perhaps not wisely, to pedal hard on the high inclines and slow down for the valleys. The course felt much harder than I remember. Again, I think it's because I'm not getting enough sleep and maybe this is a booster shot side effect. I still manage to get a decent number of pull-ups. I still manage to increase the weight for two sets of shoulder work. But damn I'm tired.

The gym is crowded. I had thought college kids were home on break. Now I read that the local HS where my gym is located has declared themselves "remote only" until after the New Year due to the high number of coronavirus cases in the past week. Which means a lot of them are at the gym when I'm working out, not at 2 pm like on a regular school day. Very few are wearing masks and presumably everyone's vaccinated. I continue to wear my mask while indoors, especially when surrounded by people I don't know.

My kid's HS has not gone to remote learning and says that it will not do so. Our school has had several dozen Covid cases but not as many as the next town over. We're all hoping that between the vaccines and the booster shot, the new variant will become as common and mild as a cold, just annoying and not lethal.

17 December 2021
Balmy Friday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program Intervals
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5130)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 314
HR: 237-188, 100

HGPU 15

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
(Rt shoulder wonky)
   10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
   15 lbs x 15/20 reps, 15/25
   15/20 lbs x 15/20 reps x 2

HGPU 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...