Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Mixing Up the Cardio

It poured buckets last night into the morning. Reports of localized flooding and power outages peppered the news. My neighbors across the street have the same type of peat moss septic system that we have. We had our alarm disconnected because during a storm, the alarm will sound every 15 minutes no matter how often you "turn it off" and there's nothing you can do to ameliorate the situation. The alarm is rather pointless, only serving to annoy your neighbors and keep you sleepless. We have the system pumped and checked every 2 years and everything is working fine. We live in a pocket that backs onto wetlands on the side of a big hill. The water eventually drains. We don't need an alarm to tell us the ground is soppy. Besides, what could we possibly do about it?

So I'm wondering how the neighbors manage to sleep through the septic system alarm that the entire fork can hear. And they have their windows open. It's after 9 am when the father staggers out of the house to finally flip the switch. I'm thinking they either have great soundproofing, or they've got great drugs in spite of the fact they have a young child. Or maybe because they have a young child. I can hear her screaming a tantrum when she's inside her house and I'm inside my house. And they live across the street and down a bit. Oh dear.  

Today is Wednesday and Hump Days are for Cardio. Because I'm too tired to do anything else. It's also a tad crowded. More and more senior members are returning. I let my husband warm up on the elliptical while I climb the StepMill for 30 minutes. I wasn't sure if I'd get really bored, but by mixing up my steps in 1- and 2-minute blocks of time, I was able to keep it fresh. Sweat runs down my face and into my mask, yet the mask is still comfortable enough to wear throughout the entire workout. The inner layer wicks moisture away from your face and that makes such a difference! 

After abs and some slight stretching, I got on the elliptical for 20 minutes. I'm saving Program 3 for a full 30-minute session so today I did Intervals: 10 minutes pedaling forward followed by 10 minutes backpedaling. Troughs are harder than peaks when you're pedaling backward! Tomorrow I might try doing a few minutes on the Expresso Bike. It's been a super long time since I played Dragon Island.

30Sept2020
Cardio Wednesday Again

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 30
HR 136
Cal 206
Steps 1374
Floors 85

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Piriformis Stretches
Quick Mat Stretch

Precor elliptical
20 min
Program Intervals
HR 90, 142, 171
Cal 190
Distance 1.69

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...