Wednesday, September 23, 2020

If I Have To Iron This...

Last night's deeply orange-hued moon looked like a peach slice hanging large in the sky. It was quite breathtaking. Temps are warmer and we're enjoying our "Indian summer" or if we want to be PC about it, "second summer." Which just reminds me of second breakfasts and Hobbits. 

I had machine-washed the Old Navy cloth face masks but unfortunately, they sat in the dryer for several hours after the cycle was done. When I got around to them, they were all crumpled and wrinkled. Yes, cotton does that, but all the crumpling distorts the pleats and makes me wonder if I'll have to iron these masks before they can be used. Uh, nope. I smooth them out and fold them once over. Will I be judged for my disheveled face masks? They are more comfortable than the Jaanuu masks but less trustworthy. I can wear them grocery shopping, but not to the gym. 

Today will be the first time I've gone to exercise three days in a row! WooHoo! The parking lot seems crowded but the gym itself isn't. I guess everyone else is at the laundromat next door. What I really need is more cardio in my program, so I do a double set with some core in between. And because I watched an old lady brazenly use the Stretch Cage to stretch, and no one said Boo to her, I decide that if there's no one on the adjacent stations, then I'll sneak in a few Hammer Grip Pull-ups. 

Sadly, my right elbow is chronically inflamed by the constant jerking and pulling of my neurotic rescue dog when we go for a walk twice a day. I'm not only out of practice (it's been months since I did pull-ups in my garage) but I'm also heavier. None of these things are good things. I only manage 6 reps each time I sneak into the Stretch Cage. I got 12 reps today, just not all at once. 

23Sept2020
Cardio Wednesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 86, 146, 194
Cal 315
Distance 2.84

HGPU sneaky 6

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

HGPU sneaky 6

Precor elliptical
25 min
Program Intervals
HR n/a
Cal 227
Distance 2.04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...