Thursday, September 3, 2020

Steamy Thursday

There are only two Precor ellipticals available and one of them clunks horribly, so really, there is only one good one. I don't get to the gym in time to claim it. Bandana Man is on it and I don't want to use the clunky one. I decide to do the StepMill again, but this time I'll increase the speed to 5 for the full 25 minutes. I lose track of time as I watch the Gym Owner give a quick tour of the facilities to a potential new member. The dashboard gives me a reading of 83 for my heart rate. Well, that can't be right, can it?

There are only six people in the gym today, and two of them can't keep their masks over their noses. I don't understand it. Having it over your mouth protects everyone else from your breath in case you're asymptomatically infected. A mask over your nose offers a bit of protection in case you walk into their wake since aerosols linger in the air. Why wouldn't you want to protect yourself? 

I've decided that pulling my mask down to sip water is worse than unhooking one ear loop. At least the mask suffers less wear that way and doesn't accumulate sweat from my chin and neck. But because I wear semi-wireless earbuds, there's the issue of which to loop over the ears first. I know... first-world problems! I find myself untangling my earbuds just to take my mask off to sip out of my bottle. When I switch to exercises where I have to remove my hair clip (to lie flat on a bench), then I usually switch my earbuds so that the connecting wire dangles in front of my neck. Otherwise, I hook it over my hair clip to keep it from sticking to my neck.

The hubby is in Boston today so I get to work out solo. It also means I don't have time constraints so I can jump on the elliptical for an additional 20 minutes after I push a few weights. Once again I'm drenched, but I feel pretty good. In the locker room, there are two women chatting through their masks. They haven't seen each other for months. I hear horror stories about other gyms and how they've reopened but not made any repairs or improvements to their facilities. The older, shorter woman tells the younger one that she's a trainer and recounts her adventures as a bodybuilder. Tanning, exfoliation, being too hairy, being the wrong shape, favoritism, and mercy wins (a competitor placed second because she had cancer). She's also 3 years younger than I am, but I swear, I think I look younger. Oh well. I'm entertained by their chatter while I shower and change. 


3Sept2020
Steamy Thursday

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 25
HR 83 (?!)
Cal 171
Steps 1137
Floors 71

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
50 Scissors
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Quick stretch

Smith inclined bench
Sticky Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 15
+40 x 15, 15, 25

15 lbs DB raises supersets x 3 sets
x 15 lateral standing
x 15 seated bent over

Rip Skulls
30 x 12, 12, 12

Precor elliptical
20 min
Intervals
HR max188 av 144 low 122
Cal 183
Distance 1.63

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...