Friday, October 2, 2020

Counterproductive or Counterintuitive

We skipped the gym yesterday. The husband had too many conference calls and I had an online meeting at an inopportune time. The persistent rainy weather didn't help. It was still rainy and cold this morning, but we managed to get to the gym by noon. And then the sun came out. The gym wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be, but then again, the sun had come out and who wants to be stuck inside when it's a beautiful crisp autumn Friday?

Getting on the elliptical felt like a chore and I regretted skipping cardio. But push-ups, abs, and everything else seemed much easier. I even managed to sneak in a few hammer grip pull-ups. Part of me wants to maintain the rigid 5-day a week cardio regime and part of me says this might be too much. What?! I feel perpetually tired, but I suspect that has more to do with a late bedtime and an early rise. It'll be even earlier on Monday when I need to get my teen on the school bus, at least for two days a week. We both get to sleep in an extra 30 minutes when school is purely online, but now that the days are shortening, we're getting up in the predawn dark. At least the squirrels aren't awake at this hour!

What I really need is a nap, but I hesitate after reading that napping is bad for you and associated with an elevated risk of death. Oh jeez! However, napping is okay as long as it is brief, like a true nap, instead of several hours of slumber. I'm not sure I can actually get a restful sleep in only 20-30 minutes, but lately, the idea seems very appealing. Really, I should just go to bed earlier, but that is easier said than done. Especially for us genetic night owls. One thing is certain though: five and change hours of sleep is not enough sleep. 

2October2020
Rainy Friday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR n/a
Cal 311
Distance 2.81

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Piriformis Stretch
Quick Mat Stretch

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 20
+40 x 20
+50 x 15 x 3 sets

Seated Cable Row (light)
70 lbs x 15 x 3 sets

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 15
HR 93
Cal 107
Steps 723
Floors 45

Sneaky HGPU 7

120.4
119.6
117.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...