Friday, September 25, 2020

Workout Interruptus

I get to the gym a bit later in the morning as I had to wait for my husband to be done with a group call. The gym is crowded! Well, not really. But both Precors are occupied. Ugh. My husband has no problem using the LifeFitness cross-trainer even though he doesn't like the shortened arc of the pedal track. I find it makes my right foot toes go numb and it's got more resistance than I care to subject my knees to. Instead, I use the StepMill for 20 minutes to warm up. And then, because suddenly both Precors are available, I get on one for 25 minutes. Except the machine is a bit wonky today: it can't keep proper time and keeps flashing between time elapsed and arbitrary numbers like 5 or 7. The StepMill also didn't record a heart rate so everything is a bit off today. 

At one point, I see 5 different people, all men, wearing their masks under their noses as they walk around the equipment or push a few weights. Sigh. Who I don't see is the elderly lady who had pulled her mask down past her face to speak with a friend just a foot away. I'm hoping she didn't take ill, but behavior like that is troubling. The rate of infection (still very low) for our county is creeping up with the start of in-person schooling. That, and the pandemic fatigue that leads to careless actions. Our school district has forced parents to download an app called ezSCRN to monitor student health. It's not at all reassuring that it has a low rating of 2 stars out of 5 from just 23 users. 

While I'm on the elliptical, my son texts me about school. I have to respond but there's no way to really pause the program so I just pedal slower. Just as well since I'm actually really tired. This texting continues while I'm in the Aerobic Room doing crunches and planks. I have to sporadically answer him between sets of DB lateral raises and reverse flys on the Inclined Bench. At least I can maintain the weight and reps for the supersets. Hopefully, next week will be better. 

25Sept2020
Friday

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 20
HR n/a
Cal 141
Steps 944
Floors 59

Precor elliptical
30 min interrupted
Program 2
HR 148, 198, 124
Cal 239
Distance 2.27

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20
20lbs x 20 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...