Monday, September 14, 2020

Warmed Up And Yet

I had a relatively good workout today. I even remembered to do the piriformis stretch a few times while in the Aerobics Room. Cardio made me sweaty and my mask got soggy, but since I hadn't actually spritzed it with alcohol, it retained its structural integrity and didn't stick to my nose and mouth when I inhaled. It was just damply uncomfortable. Because it's laden with sweat though, I'm not going to reuse it. 

I recognize even more regulars from before the shutdown. Slowly, members are returning. Still, the gym is far from being at a third total capacity. I feel as if my cardio ability is improving in minor increments. While I haven't gained any distance, my lungs don't burn as they did when I first returned. I'm not breathing as hard either. 

After doing abs and pushups, I really only have time for two exercises if I want to be able to do another 15 minutes of cardio and then shower and change. The smaller inclined bench is in use and the bigger one is impossible to access since it's at the far end of the DB area. I do Seated Cable Rows instead. By the time I'm done, the bench is free and I can drag it to the Smith machine. I could do heavier weight but I'm actually seeing my glaucoma doctor twice this week so I'm mindful of anything that might raise my IOPs. 

My back left hip spasms. It's uncomfortable but not as worrisome as the sciatic and peroneal nerve issues. Later, I get an appointment to see the chiropractor. Hopefully, he can relieve some of the inflammation I believe is causing the discomfort. 

14Sept2020
Sunny Monday


Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 83, 156, 189
Cal 318
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Plank 60s
Piriformis Stretch
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row (light)
70 lbs x 15, 15, 15

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 15
+40 x 15, 15, 15

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 15
HR 124
Cal 102
Steps 667
Floors 42

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...