Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Best-laid Plans

I actually packed all the items I would need to shower at the gym after my workout. Unfortunately, halfway through my next-to-last exercise, my husband asks me when I'll be done because he's got to sort out a work-related issue at home. Ugh. This means that after hurrying through Seated Cable Rows where I upped the weight 15 lbs, I skipped Walking Lunges and only managed to splash water on my face before we left. 

He then suggested we also take care of the errands I had planned but I refuse to walk around in stores wearing stinky gym clothes. If I can smell them, I figure so can everyone else. And it doesn't take long for them to smell bad if they're soaked in perspiration no matter that they were freshly laundered when I put them on. No, I'll shower at home while he sorts through his work files, and then we're off to shop for paper towels and dog kibble. 

My hubby did graciously save me his spot on the elliptical as Bandana Man had the other one. We both agree that we don't like the LifeFitness Cross-trainer, but he doesn't suffer from numb toes from using it. He did that machine and I did Fitness Program 2 on the Precor, which I think is the hardest because of the series of peaks and dips. The bottom of my lungs burn during cardio, which only encourages me to pedal faster. At some point, my cardio endurance will improve and this won't be so unpleasant. 

The gym is a lot more crowded today with seniors and high school boys crawling out of bed. The seniors are the ones who don't understand social distancing while working out. My husband complained to me about a little old lady who insisted on using the plastic baby bells standing but a foot or two from him. Every time he moved away, she inched closer. Maybe she thought he was cute? Tomorrow's another day though. I'll keep my shower stuff packed just in case. 

1Sept2020 Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
HR low 81 max 194 av 161
Min 35
Cal 314
Distance 2.83

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 scissors
50 Bicycles
Plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Quick stretch

Smith Deadlifts
Bar (30) x 15
+50 x 12 reps x 3 sets

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
85 x 12, 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...