Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Tuesday After

I've been rather incapacitated for the past few days due to injury. Fortunately, I don't think it's too serious, but it is very inconvenient. After I posted last, my hours spent in front of the computer bit me in the butt so to speak. I was so stiff and sore I could barely walk. Most of the problems seem to radiate from the lowest part of my back, my tailbone. I'm sure I cracked it in an icy fall over 30 years ago and every now and then it reminds me. Sitting in the car is absolutely the worst place my back doesn't want to be, but my husband had me see his chiropractor.

The doc made a few adjustments and used two different vibration massagers, one hand-held and the other was a long platform you stand on. The muscles in my lower back are inflamed and pressing on an assortment of nerves including my right sciatic. I spent the long weekend trying different seats in the house. Walking around to warm up the muscles helped as well as not being dragged by my crazed rescue pup, so the husband and son walked the dogs. Yesterday, I spent the afternoon standing in front of my computer or marching in place. I also took a few ibuprofens. This morning I went to the gym. Because moving is preferable to not. Moving is actually curative if done correctly.

It helped a lot. I also appreciated being able to walk into the gym shower instead of clambering over the tub in my house. The gym has raised their membership fees, but only for new members and those who canceled and then returned. I appreciate that they appreciate loyalty. 

I'm very frustrated though that my weight continues to creep up. It's hard for my husband to understand that I just can't eat like he does, even though he's eating to lose weight. Admittedly though, I have to fix my eating plan, especially since I can't count on the strenuous exercise I'm so used to. 

8Sept2020
The Tuesday After

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR av156 h191 low 81
Cal 311
Distance 2.81

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...