Monday, September 28, 2020

It's Autumn

The trees are splashed with brilliant reds and golds. If the leaves manage to hang on, the landscape will be brilliant with "fall foliage" in a matter of days. It's unseasonably warm for this time of year, but the end of the week promises a temperature dip into the 30s. It will also be October. Not sure if there will be "trick or treating" but that hasn't stopped folks from decorating their yards and windows. We never get any trick or treaters but we'll still put up a small display, and have candy on hand. Just in case. Because you never know and you don't want to disappoint. 

My hubs and I get to the gym later than usual. There's no school today and we've slept in a bit. It's also unseasonably warm and damp. The gym is slightly more crowded than we're used to but I don't have any problems getting to the machines and stations I use for my routine. My hubs, on the other hand, does more cardio than usual because the DB Area is too crowded for his comfort level. Half the guys are walking around with their masks under their noses. Do you wonder why gyms are considered vectors of respiratory illnesses? I guess everyone feels invincible. 

Temps are supposed to drop into the 30s by the end of the week. It will feel more like Autumn. I'm a tad disappointed in myself that the Smith Inclined Press felt easier last week. Today, the plus 50 lbs (50 plus whatever the counterweighted Olympic bar actually weighs) feels a lot heavier than it did on Thursday. Of course, conversely, the Seated Cable Rows didn't feel all that strenuous. I might up the weight next time for that one. 

I wish I had more time to push weights but I'm not willing to shorten my cardio duration. I probably need to do even more cardio if I hope to drop this quarantine weight. It's only 7-8 lbs but on a small person, that's quite a lot. Last week I got to the gym 5 days in a row. I confess it did feel a tad exhausting. The 5-mile hike we took with our Scout Troop this weekend wasn't bad at all though. And in-person schooling starts next week for 2 days out of 5. This should be interesting. 

28Sept2020
Yom Kippur Monday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 84, 145, 198
Cal 316
Distance 2.85

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 20
+20 x 15
+40 x 21
+50 x 15 (heavy!), 15, 15

Seated Cable Row (light)
70 lbs x 15 x 3

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 15
HR 146
Cal 108
Steps 729
Floors 45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...