Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dithering Thursday

I had my annual exam yesterday. My blood pressure was a surprisingly good 110/60 although the pulse was a bit high at 69, but I attribute that to being ravenously hungry and having only had a cup of hot green tea for breakfast. The bloodwork results came in today and they are also unremarkable. My total cholesterol has dropped slightly so that's even better, and although it's technically borderline high, the ratio of HDL to LDL is good. So no need to worry, unless you're one of those who believe that LDLs need to be lower. But some studies indicate that very low levels of cholesterol are associated with a higher cancer risk. So there's that.

The doc also looked at my bruised and battered big toe. She said it was healing properly in spite of looking liked it'd been mashed under heavy equipment. A few hours later, the "dog sitter/animal control officer for the next town over" came by to meet my pups. The calmer, more adventurous one barked and growled nonstop at her. The shy runaway was torn between hiding in the bedroom and checking her out, especially since she came with dog treats. Eventually, we were able to walk both pups together up and down my neighborhood. We are making progress with these two traumatized pups.

Meanwhile, I haven't decided exactly what sort of workout I want to do when I arrive at the gym. I get on the elliptical for 35 minutes and learn how much I hate the updated version of the note app on my phone. It's too easy to trash the note with just an errant slip of the finger. I've given up on all the gym workout apps because they're either too complicated or require me to bring reading glasses to my workouts. It takes less time and seems more efficient to copy and paste portions of note entries from past workouts. Who wants to scroll through a catalog of exercises every time you want to modify the workout?!

When I'm done with the elliptical, core and hammer grip pullups, I check to see if the StepMill is free. It isn't. Although the gym has two, one of them is moderately broken. It says it's working, but the steps don't move unless you're 6'6 and over 220 lbs and can force the treads down. The gym staff knows but can't do anything until the service tech arrives. One of these days... Instead, I hop on the Expresso Bike and play around on Dragon Island. My score is relatively low for 20 minutes, and I'm not even close to busting a sweat. Probably because I spent a lot of time just chasing coins and speed multipliers instead of going immediately to the treasure chest origination spot. Oh well.

While I'm doing a second set of pullups, I see that the StepMill is unoccupied so I hop on that for another 20 minutes. Now I can work up a sweat. And stretch afterward.

Cardio Thursday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Miles 2.89
Calories 324
HR 155-198 (84, 87)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Elbow Plank 60s
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

20 Dragon Island Game
Points 151510
Calories 62
Miles 3.08
HR 118 avg (126)

HGPU 23

20:10 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 111
Total steps 887
Floors 55
HR 113

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...