Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Did NOT See That Coming



Yesterday's storm wreaked havoc on our county and neighboring towns. All we suffered was a few thunderstorms with lightning, momentary high winds that caused our lights to flicker, and a lot of rain. Our road is fine. We have power and cable and internet. Other places not so lucky.

Kung fu cancelled classes but I didn't get the text until 45 minutes into the hour. It's a good thing I listened to my gut and told my son at the last minute that we were staying home. He was just about to get into the car and the sky had suddenly darkened. It was only raining at that point. Later, I get a text that Scouts has been cancelled. Hmmmm. My hubs makes it home from his office in Connecticut and says some of the roads are a mess. At 5 am the school's automated system calls to cancel school throughout the district.

Later, I check and see that the gym is also closed. They lost power last night at 6 pm and haven't regained it yet. Checking online, I see a lot of places with downed trees, missing rooftops, smashed cars, and what the heck?! A tornado a few miles east in Brookfield, Connecticut. Oh jeeze. It's overcast today and a bit chillier. I was hoping to get to the gym. I'm not even sure they'll be open tomorrow. Sigh.

Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the damage in the area, but glad y'all are ok!

    ReplyDelete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...