Friday, May 25, 2018

How Quick Can I Make This?

I've been trying to gather up our camping gear for the white water rafting trip this weekend. It's been difficult with the hubs away in Texas and due back tonight. Which is not really enough time to pack up all the stuff we need. Perhaps we just need too much stuff?

Meanwhile, I had an appointment with my glaucoma doc at 1:15 but wanted a quick workout first. Normally it'd take me about 30 minutes to get across the county, but with two of my roads closed due to construction, I have to add another 20 to 30 minutes of travel time. Which isn't enough time for me to shop for items I've forgotten. Like my hair clip. And the folder with all the glaucoma info in it. Which means I have to go back to the house after I work out!

I manage a super quick workout consisting of cardio, pull ups and those difficult Spiderman push ups. Then a quick shower and I'm off. Only to show up 10 minutes early and have to wait for two hours because several other patients have shown up as emergencies. Ugh. I could've done something productive if only the staff had alerted me that they were running super late. Double Ugh. And of course, there's new staff again.

I read my phone and focus on the idiotic article that states scientists now agree that weight lifting works well for depression. Uh, duh. Anything to burn some grant money is what my hubs would say, because he's ever skeptical of published studies and statistics. He's probably right, though.

I finally get seen and discuss my options. My visual field test show that my vision is actually stable and not deteriorating. But my IOPs are all over the place. Left eye, the slightly fuzzy one, is okay at 14, but the Right eye, the good one with perfect vision but a slight yellowing, the dominant eye, is up at 17. So we're going to do the Left eye and replace the lens with a standard lens and everyone tells me I'm going to need glasses. And depending on whether my IOP goes down, and if there's scarring and room for a stent or not, well, maybe I'll do cataract surgery on the Right eye, or maybe I'll just jump right into glaucoma surgery. Which means a stent, because I'm happy to hear, my eye doc doesn't want to do bleb surgery either. Apparently they can get infected, even years after the procedure, and this nasty infection can lose you all your sight in an instant! Ugh.

I haven't been wearing reading glasses for the past few days because I can see just fine. But that comes and goes... I don't make it home until well near 4 pm because not only is it Friday and rush hour has already begun, but it's a holiday weekend Friday, and by this time my son has texted me that there's a hornet trapped in his room! What?!

When I get home, we check out the torchiere floor lamp that my son says the hornet was attracted to. I see absolutely no movement. He peers over the top of the light and announces that the hornet is dead, probably killed by the intense heat. Okay... at least I didn't have to do it. And at least I got some sort of work out today, besides dragging things like tents and canopies out of the garage and into the house. My living room looks like we're having a tag sale. Ugh...

Friday

30 elliptical
Program 3
Calories 283
Miles 2.51
Average Heart Rate 136/186

HGPU 30
Spiderman push ups 20
Side Planks 2 x 30s
Bicycles 50
Crunches 30/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...