Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Better Than Nothing At All

Lately I've been skipping Tuesday workouts, but I'm still not feeling all that great so I went to the gym today just as a little pick-me-up. It was surprisingly empty and I was bummed that I wasn't prepared to do any lifting. Instead, I did a half hour of cardio (my legs felt like lead weights) and then some quick core... no pull ups and no push ups because the left shoulder has been clicking oddly and feeling a bit off, and I want to see if taking a day off in-between will help. I know I lose reps if I do pull ups on successive days. My forearms and elbows never quite recover properly. With the shoulders feeling a bit wonky, I'm giving the same courtesy to push ups. I also realize today that I never did the low-bar shoulder stretch yesterday, but I'm not motivated to fix that either.

While on the cross-trainer, I was struck by how depressed I felt. Less anxious, but unnervingly down. It's not a good way to live, and I fear that I've touched base with the national despair that's causing the seemingly inexplicably high rates of death and violence. (Read the local news lately? How about National? International?) We've lost our faith, our future, a belief in better things to come, and no heaven or hell. There is just existential despair.

It's a good thing I'm planning to push some heavy weights tomorrow!

Tuesday Briefly

30 x-trainer
Calories 2.41
Miles 3.59

Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Bicycles 50
Crunches 30/20

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...