Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Unplanned Super Abbreviated

I wanted to make use of the $11 Extra Bucks so I went to the CVS this morning. Of course, that meant driving out of my way because the pipeline crews are still tearing up the side road I normally use. Companies like CVS tend to send out "30% off a single non-sale item coupon" the day before it expires. The Extra Bucks (a rewards program) also have expiration dates so I find it best to use them as soon as possible. I dropped my soap case in the shower the other day and the plastic hinges broke so I've been looking for a replacement ever since. And naturally, CVS doesn't have any in stock. But I can buy Lucky Charms with unicorn shapes for a mere $1.99! I don't normally eat breakfast cereals other than oatmeal, but my son lives on it. Every now and then though, I get a craving and have a bowl of dry cereal while watching TV. Better than chips!

I also made a detour to Home Depot (for more cheap floor mats because the dog is having a really hard time getting up on without traction to plant the wibbly back legs), Michaels and a pet store to check out their canned dog food prices. While at Michaels, I discover that they do indeed have a small selection of sewing implements, including thread, bubble-head pins and a seam ripper (the last one!). I find a plastic pencil box ($1!) that holds everything so I'm happy. Later, I plan to try sewing a patch onto my son's jeans. It's the only pair he owns and he ripped an L-shaped tear in the seat a few months ago. He actually tried to repair it himself, but the stitching didn't hold very well. I'll have to get this done before this weekend when he's got a district camporee the next town over...

Before I get to the gym, I run into the Rite-Aid a few doors down. They have exactly ONE plastic soap case in the pile of travel-size containers. Mine! When I enter the gym, I notice that some of the machines are out of place. Ugh. Gym Owner is replacing the carpeting in the middle of "machine city" with new black mat flooring. Two fellows I recognize from the early morning are dressed in Ts and jeans, and appear to be assisting with the installation. Noon is a good time to do this. Hot sunny days are also a good time to do this as most folks would rather be outside. Except it's not just sunny, it's really really hot outside. (Temps hit 90F and I needed to run the A/C in my car!)

I do 20 minutes on the elliptical to warm up. No pull ups today because the Stretch Cage is sitting in the middle of the gym with other assorted equipment on a stripped floor. I don't even attempt core because the Mats look crowded with wayward equipment too. However, the Smith looks okay, even though the Seated Calf Raise machine is wedged next to it. I don't have time for a full workout because I still plan to do some grocery shopping, and then I need to walk the pup before driving to school to pick up my son and his friend.

I've decided to try to eat more protein before working out, maybe to compensate for all the sleep I'm not getting. I drank a Muscle Milk® 30 gms protein strawberry RTD over the 2 hours of shopping and driving because I hate showing up at the gym hungry. It seems to have worked! Or maybe it was because I only did a super abbreviated workout basically consisting of one move: RDLs at the Smith. I won't lie: the heavier weights felt pretty good even though I was breathing so hard my chest hurt a little during the last few sets. Torn between stretching and core, I opt to do just basic core moves and skip Bird Dog Planks and the entire Mat Stretch. Well, at least my soap is safely secured in a brand new plastic soap box.

Abbrev Pull Wednesday

20 elliptical
Program 2
Calories 192
Miles 1.70
Average Heart Rate 152/212!

Ripping up floor No HGPU

Smith RDLs
Bar (30) x 15
80 x 12
130 x 12
160 x 10
170 x 8, 8, 8

Low Bar Shoulder Stretch
3 x 15s

Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bicycles 50
Crunches 30/25

1 comment:

  1. You might get an iron-on denim patch to iron on the inside of the seat of his jeans. Then sew around the rip, from the outside, to make sure it stays adhered to the patch material.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...