Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Simultaneously Responsive, And Yet...

Taking today off to get things done while the sun is out and temps promise to rise into the 80s for the next few days. Things like hose down a few stinky dog beds and hope they dry before the next rainstorm... Three days should be enough time, right? I got my order of Clearance Sale dog mats from Fosters & Smith®, so I was also able to toss out some soiled pillows and towels crammed into the back of my dog's over-sized crate. He's not very thrilled with me as I've also managed to cram the Proin tablet down his throat between snacks of bite-size pieces of toast. It's a good thing I have really small hands.

Also, taking a deep breath and setting up the sewing machine I got two weeks ago. I'm slow when it comes to learning new things so I've read the manual, and watched a few videos and consulted a few friends. Now I'm ready to find a power strip so I can plug the darn thing in and see if it actually works! Baby steps... I find my arms the tiniest bit sore from yesterday. Hmmmm...

However, the best thing so far is that I got a response from the Nexersys folks via FaceBook messenger. They've always been super helpful and responsive when I have questions. Apparently the rest of the company isn't as useful when it comes to ordering parts or servicing help. But I did ask them about the Nexersys deducting points from my Sparring rounds. Here is what they said:

"Here are some quick notes on Sparring Scoring: following notes on Sparring Scoring: 

1. To Block, you need to Tap the pad, not strike. If you strike the pad, it does not score the block. This is intended to prompt the user for a different movement for a block v. a strike. 

2. Points are deducted when: a. You fail to block an Avatar strike or your block is too hard, so it does not score, b. You do not remain active (i.e. strike consistency), c. You strike target areas which have met the strike goals (Red) when there are target areas which have not met the strike goal. 

3. To maximize scoring, keep work consistent, keep power in optimal range for strikes & blocks, use as many combos as possible and work target areas until the strike count/target area is met (i.e. target area turns red). 

Thanks!"

 Now all I have to do is figure out what a "tap" is vs an actual strike, like a Jab or Cross. I did ask them, and they said:
 
In order for us to best serve you and answer any questions you may have please submit a General Info Request at Nexersys.com/connect. From there our team will be able to assist.
Thanks!


 Not sure if I'll do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...